Sometimes Works, sometimes Not

Questions on Installation
baba

Sometimes Works, sometimes Not

Post by baba »

Getting frustrated here. Without changing the setup, sometimes I get proper output, sometimes not. This happens on two different computers each running two distros, PCLOS and Mint. so thats four combinations all doing this. It also repeats with the licensed version as well as a newly downloaded trial version.

Printing a photo with GIMP. canon ip5200. There is only one printer set up/configured in the system and its says turboprint in its name.

Setup is for Super quality. Sometimes I get "super" quality print and sometimes it is lower quality with washed out colors. It just seems like sometimes it is not using the TP driver. Changes when I reboot. I can fix it sometimes by deleteing all the printers and doing TP setup/config then setup for the distro.

Even more evidence, I see that /var/log/turboprint_cups.log does not get an entry made when the print is wrong. When it works OK, I get one.

There are some entries in turboprint.log but they are not time stamped. Here are a few samples

ERROR:
configfile_class::open_config_file: wrong file contents
ERROR:
lpadmin returned -11
ERROR:
cps::config: add printer failed
port::read_idstring: error doing ioctl:Inappropriate ioctl for device

The last one repeats several times. I think it happens every time i get a wrong print.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I haven't got a clue. You could post /var/log/cups/error_log to check if all print jobs went to the correct driver. This file may be large - you can also send it to mail at zedonet dot com.