LINSPIRE 6 TURBOPRINT-1.95-1 INSTALLATION

Questions on Installation
diamondjim

LINSPIRE 6 TURBOPRINT-1.95-1 INSTALLATION

Post by diamondjim »

I have upgraded my system to Linspire 6 and have run into some installation problems with my Turboprint-1.95-1 drivers. Error messages include "gtk library not found", "gdk library not found (part of gtk). The message also says that it recognized "gtk libray1.2-common" but said it was linked to something else. This version of Turboprint ran on Linspire 5 with no problems.
What do I need to do next? I am not a programmer so please be specific.
Thanks,
<> Jim
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Please install the current TurboPrint-1.96-3 and then check again if libraries cannot be found.
diamondjim

Same Errors for 1-96.3

Post by diamondjim »

I have tries to install the new package but have encountered the same errors with regard to gtk library1.2. Both Icons are installed on the desktop but do not work.
If this helps, this is a Gateway 2.4 gig machine which is running Linspire 6.0.15. I'm not sure what is wrong here but this same machine ran fine with Turboprint 1.95 and Linspire 5 for over a year before the upgrade to the Ver 6.
I left a post on your download feedback page yesterday but have not received a reply yet. I hope we can solve this problem so I can get my Canon Mp530 online.
Thanks,
<> Jim Dusek
diamondjim

Install Problem Fixed-Canon MP530 Perfect!

Post by diamondjim »

Hi Florian,
Thank you for the reply. Before I received your message, I decided to uninstall and completely purge the 1.96-3 directory and start over. I was getting an error about tpsetup not executing as well as the libgtk1.2 library missing. So I found a solution on the Freespire/Linspire site where a user entered from terminal "sudo apt-get update" to update apt-get. Then "sudo apt-get install libgtk1.2 to install the libraries.
When this was done, I went thru the Turboprint install and... SUCCESS! :-) My Cannon MP530 works perfectly.
Looking back, the major problems were missing libgtk1.2 libraries (which generated confusing error messages) and possibly corrupted files from the many attempts to install turboprint. Since Linspire V6.0.15 is new, I would have ASSumed they would have put all of the necessary libraries on the system. But they missed something.
Again, thanks for your help and Merry Christmas! :-)
<> Jim Dusek