Canon MP620 and tray

Questions on Installation
Moogwi

Canon MP620 and tray

Post by Moogwi »

Hi all,

I just download turboprint and install the demo version on a GNU/Linux Debian Lenny.
My Canon Pixmap MP620 is connected by a RJ45.
The print of text's pages work like a charm but I have a problem with the tray for the photos. It 's not in the first tray by default, it's in the back tray and I can't tell to the software to pick up the paper in the rear tray (the option stay on "Front").

Is there any solution ?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the tray can be selected in TurboPrint Control Center, button "Configure" -> tab "Layout", setting "Tray".

If the application program also offers a tray setting, it overrides the settings in TurboPrint Control.

From which application do you print you photos (e.g. "Gimp")?
Moogwi

Post by Moogwi »

zedonet wrote:Hello,
Hi and thanks for the quick answer
the tray can be selected in TurboPrint Control Center, button "Configure" -> tab "Layout", setting "Tray".
In fact but I can't change it.
I have those options:
Feed:
  • Auto select
    Top feed
    Lower feed
    Auto conf
and none of them do the trick (still printing with the default tray none of them take the other tray on the back of the printer)

Tray icon remains on "Front"
If the application program also offers a tray setting, it overrides the settings in TurboPrint Control.

From which application do you print you photos (e.g. "Gimp")?
I try with Gimp with the plugin TurboPrint with the same result
Moogwi

Post by Moogwi »

Up ?
Moogwi

Nice feedback ...

Post by Moogwi »

1 week after the answer no response anymore... Am I supposed to buy a license for a non working product ? :cry:
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the correct setting is "top feed". Please make sure that the media type is set to something other than "Plain Paper".

Can you post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log after trying to print on a photo card? The section for the last print starting from "#### New print job" is sufficient. Also include information from which application program you printed.