Upgrade to 7.04 Ubuntu

madsurfer

Upgrade to 7.04 Ubuntu

Post by madsurfer »

Hi

I have 2 Ubuntu network PC's that both local(usb) and remote(cups) machine where at 6.10 version. Turboprint worked fine on these 2 machines and I could print from my remote to my local machine using the cups printing, however I upgraded my remote machine to 7.04 Ubuntu reinstalled Tuboprint on this machine and tried to print. This did not work even though I was using the same xtpsetup as before on my local machine. The print from my remote machine shows that it has printed however the local machine shows no prints. There is no error shown on my remote machine. How can I get this to work?

Adrianjavascript:emoticon(':?')
madsurfer

Upgrade to 7.04 Ubuntu

Post by madsurfer »

Hi

I still have this problem, does anyone know how to fix it?

Adrian
madsurfer

Upgrade to 7.04 Ubuntu

Post by madsurfer »

Is anyone reading this? I have had no replies, does anyone know how to investigate fix this?

Have checked the error logs and there is nothing obvious?

help
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there seems to be a problem with USB devices on some installations of Ubuntu Feisty, see e.g.

http://www.turboprint.info/support/view ... ?p=454#454

However, we have not yet been able to reproduce the problem on our computers and still have no explanation / solution.

You may send the log files /var/log/turboprint_cups.log and /var/log/cups/error_log after trying to print (post only the section for the last print).
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Another post from our support forum http://www.turboprint.info/support/view ... ?p=510#510

Please let me know if this helps:
Found the problem!

Probably one of the Ubuntu updates changed the pèrmissions of /dev/usblp0.
It had group owner scanner and it should be lp. Changed it back and the MP530 is back working!
madsurfer

turboprint

Post by madsurfer »

Hi
Which computer do I look on the server or the local machine?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

If there are USB problems, look on the computer the printer is attached to.
madsurfer

Post by madsurfer »

I have been away so I have not been around to look at this, so today I did have a look the permissions for the /dev/usblp0 are OK so I think this alright, what can I look at next, this printing problem is getting more important.

Adrian