Printfab with Mp210

aits

Printfab with Mp210

Post by aits »

hi there,

i'm having troubles setting up my windows share of Canon MP210 with my mac.

i can see the share no problem and after install of printer fab can see the mp210 printerfab driver.

when i try to print to this printer i get

NT_STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES opening remote spool

i'm assuming this is a message coming back from the windows machine.

can you help me to diagnose this problem? or how i can troubleshoot it?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

this problem hasn't been reported yet - it doesn't seem to be related to our driver.

Searching via google I found the following:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/i ... 33399.html
Fixed My Network Filesharing Issue
My Network Filesharing issue is now fixed. Yes, that's right. I fixed it by editting the windows registry. I noticed that in my event logs I was getting these IRPStackSize errors also. Wierd. I went into the registry and changed the decimal number for this setting from 11 to 14, and it fixed my filesharing issue. This issue, I believe, is related to Norton Antivirus and how pervasive it is to the windows system.

The exact registry key was:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

Then... change the value for IRPStackSize. You will need to change the base to decimal otherwise you will just see it's hex value. If the value isn't 11, then just increase your value by three. For instance if you have 15.. move it to 18.

The errors related to this are:

Aug 27 17:39:47 myibook kernel: smb_maperr32: no direct map for 32 bit server error (0xc0000205)

Domain=[YourWindowMachine] OS=[Windows 5.1] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN Manager] tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES

(In your event logs you will also notice it complaining about the IRPStackSize.
To open the registry editor on your Windows computer, select "Execute..." from the "Start" menu and enter "regedit".
I don't know if it helps - on my Win XP computer the registry key "IRPStackSize" doesn't exist.