MG71500 - on Linux Network

a.dimpflmoser

MG71500 - on Linux Network

Post by a.dimpflmoser »

Hello everybody,

I'm working with MacOs 10.15.3. My printer (Canon MG7150) is connected to an Ubuntu 18.04-server. My MacBook can see the printer an I can print to it with the out of the box driver (in horrible solution).

Yesterday I installed the PrintFab-Demo-version. If I open the toolbox and select "Add printer" PrintFab finds my printer and suggests the correct driver.
When I try to print, PrintFab pretends doing that, but nothing happens at the printer.

I tryed to connect via the System-dialog - both ipp://servername/printers/Canon_MG7100_series and http://... as well as app://servername:631/...
and http://servername:631 all to the same result.

Can anybody help?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: MG71500 - on Linux Network

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I recommend to install via macOS System Settings with the connection

ipp://servername/printers/Canon_MG7100_series

I found that you need a modified PPD file which I attach (we will change the PrintFab PPD files in the next release).
Attachments
pf_Canon_PIXMA_MG7100series.zip
(8.39 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
a.dimpflmoser

Post by a.dimpflmoser »

Hello again,

thank you for your reply. I have copied the psd-file to the folder /library/printers/PrintFab/printers but found that all other files are called *.tpp - is that correct or do I have to go a different way?

Sorry, I'm relatively new to MacOs.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

You can either copy the PPD file to

/library/printers/ppds/contents/resources

or you can put it anywhere (e.g. in Documents) and load the PPD file directly from macOS System Preferences -> Printers & Scanners -> "+" -> "IP"

select-ppd-file.png
select-ppd-file.png (38.15 KiB) Viewed 3089 times