Debian wheezy/testing

Linux distribution specific questions
nowster

Debian wheezy/testing

Post by nowster »

Debian unstable/testing uses dependency based booting by default, and the default installation from turboprint's "install-post --deb" doesn't set things up correctly for the turboprint daemon to start at boot.

If turboprint's daemon doesn't start, run the following commands as root:

Code: Select all

update-rc.d tpdaemon remove
update-rc.d tpdaemon defaults
Tested with turboprint 2.22-2.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Debian wheezy/testing

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for your feedback! We will check installation routines when preparing the next release.
dibl

Post by dibl »

I have the same issue on a Debian Sid system, printing to a Canon PIXMA iP6220D which used to print correctly. The daemon is running, the printer is connected and works correctly from a Windows VM on the same Linux system/same USB connection. The TP monitor comes up, puts a red triangle over the printer icon, and an error message "Printer not connected or switched off". A print job will go into the CUPS queue and stay there forever. TurboPrint ver. 2.16-2 (21 JUL 2010). I would be happy to provide further system details, or perform any diagnostic tests, if that would be helpful to fixing this issue.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello dibi,

I cannot see any similarities to the problem which this thread was created for. Your issue is probably caused by a USB communication problem. Please check if the correct port driver (shown in column "URI") is selected in TurboPrint Control. Press the "Edit" button and see what "connection" is chosen. There are two different USB drivers available - the standard USB driver and a special TP-USB driver that enables status checks even while printing. Please change to the other driver (i.e. the standard driver if TP-USB was chosen (shown as "tpu://..." under URI) or vice versa) and check if printing is possible then.