Canon Pixma ip6220D

Linux distribution specific questions
Stewart

Canon Pixma ip6220D

Post by Stewart »

I have turboprint_2.18-1_i386.deb installed for my Canon Pixma iP6220D, problem is the ink counters only show 3 of the 6 ink indicators.
Is this a known issue? Have there been any printer driver updates to fix this?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon Pixma ip6220D

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I am not sure if you mean the ink levels in the printer (TurboPrint Monitor, tab "Info") or the ink consumption counters that count ink drops during printing (tab "Ink Counters").

If you mean the "Ink Counters":

I just checked and all 6 ink indicators are visible in the current version TurboPrint 2.40. TurboPrint 2.18 only shows counters for inks that have actually be consumed, so after printing a black&white document only the "black" ink bar is shown.

I recommend to install the current TurboPrint version as 30 day trial to test on your computer.
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

No not the consumption levels, they have always (relative to the most recent years) worked well.
I'll take a screenshot of the problem, after installing 2.40 it shows no change, only showing 3 levels in two of the three places it can show them. I'll include both locations in the screenshot.
http://www.seahorsecorral.org/images/te ... 635_tp.png

Also can you advise how to get the system to stop complaining about missing printer drivers, every time I turn the printer on it tries to configure the printer(s). Perhaps that is something that the installer is missing a step for.

Side comment: Upgrading from a paid license to a 30 day trial is actually a downgrade for unemployed people, but since I have liked the software for 10 years now, I did it anyways.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

I'll send you a tool by email to get the ink report data directly from the printer and print it as a "hexdump" in the terminal window. When we have this information, we can find out what's going wrong.

If you want to go back to TurboPrint 2.18, you can download and install the old version from

ftp://ftp.zedonet.com/tp2
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

Sounds like a good idea. I hope you're not waiting for me to say yes...
Stewart

Post by Stewart »

I waited for that email, sent in the result, but then gave up and let the years pass by.
Now I've installed the newest version 2.53 (for amd64-bit upgrade), and am trying again to make this work. Of course now it wants a newer registration key, and the ink levels still only show 3 of the 6 tanks.
So problem still not solved, and you want more money. Nice...

Screenshot: Image