bad graphics printing

Linux distribution specific questions
Joel

bad graphics printing

Post by Joel »

I've been trying to get graphics printing to work on Linux, never can get things to just work. I ran into Turboprint and thought I'd give it a Try. I do like the print controls better but have the same print issues. I use three printers depending on what I'm doing, an HP 3500CP for wide format printing, a Canon Pro9000II for photo printing. and an Epson WF-7620 for general printing. I can get the 3500CP and the Canon printing fairly well with the Linux print drivers and the Epson prints B&W text print jobs OK but fails miserably with graphics printing with the Epson Linux driver or TurboPrint.

I've attached the original photo, a TurboPrint, and a windows printed copy of the photo. A lot is lost in the printing,rescanning, and resizing to post, but you can still see the issue when printing from Linux.

Any thoughts or Ideas?

Also, I notice there is no HP 3500CP driver in TurboPrint, is there an existing driver that will work? I do prefer the TurboPrint controls.

Thanks

Joel
photo.jpg
photo.jpg (102.56 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
Attachments
Win10.jpg
Win10.jpg (239.22 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
turboprint.jpg
turboprint.jpg (254.2 KiB) Viewed 6350 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: bad graphics printing

Post by zedonet »

Hello Joel,

your print looks like some nozzles (especially for yellow ink) of the print head are clogged. Did you produce the Windows print at the same time? Probably the quality setting was higher on Windows then, thus only a part of the nozzles are used. You can try with a higher print quality in TurboPrint - this should improve the prints a bit. In any case I suggest to print a nozzle check pattern via the TurboPrint Toolbox and trying to clean any clogged nozzles.
Joel

Re: bad graphics printing

Post by Joel »

Hi,

yes, the Windows and Linux prints just had a reboot between then. Print test is OK. I will try and up the print quality

Joel