Profile installation Debian Linux stable

Linux distribution specific questions
jfoster81747

Profile installation Debian Linux stable

Post by jfoster81747 »

I have Debian Linux Stable installed with TurboPrint2 running. All is OK. I want to install custom paper profiles from Red River Papers, customized profiles for a Canon Pixma Pro-100. Any instructions available her or tips from users with similar experience. I can also be reached at
e-mail: jfoster81747@yahoo.com
if that is better for you.
Thanks
John
EdoNork

Re: Profile installation Debian Linux stable

Post by EdoNork »

zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Profile installation Debian Linux stable

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the link to the other post is the right one if you want to create your own ICC profiles with a spectrophotometer (color measurement device).

Please note that existing ICC profiles that are available from paper manufacturers will not produce good results as they are designed for use with the original manufacturer printer drivers.
It is important that the ICC profiles where created by printing a color chart with the TurboPrint driver.
The reason is that color reproduction is dependent not only on paper and ink but also on the driver / RIP software: different printer drivers have different color output, depending on halftoning algorithm, linearisation, use of light (photo) inks vs. regular inks, black generation etc (this is true also for other RIP software).

An alternative is to use the TurboPrint color profile creation service - please see the TurboPrint online manual (button "Help" in the TurboPrint Control application), chapter 10 for details.