Canon Pixma iP1200 - poor color quality

just.srad

Canon Pixma iP1200 - poor color quality

Post by just.srad »

I have installed the free-version of the Turboprint... is there a way to improve the color quality? the black color looks like grey.. colors are not brilliant in the printout.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

This may be the case if there is no black cartridge in the printer - black is grey (mixed out of cyan, magenta & yellow ink). Which kind of paper do you print on - plain paper or matte inkjet paper or glossy inkjet paper?
just.srad

Post by just.srad »

I have ever thought of that , but have not checked it out.. tonight i will try to print using my WinXP, from there i can see the indication of the level of the black ink too.

Will let you know later..

Thanks. :)
just.srad

Post by just.srad »

I have checked the printer using the winxp PC.. the black ink is still available.

I think is it because i am using the free-vesion(TurboPrint) , therefore the printout is not good?

Any advise on that? Thanks..
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Yes, in the free version of TurboPrint only the lowest print quality can be used without a "TurboPrint" logo being added. Low print quality will not produce deep black and brilliant colors.

However you can test higher print quality by selecting it in TurboPrint Config (of course in this case a logo will be printed on the page).