HP Officejet 7610/7612 works with K8600 driver

lisandro

HP Officejet 7610/7612 works with K8600 driver

Post by lisandro »

Hi, I tested my HP Officejet 7610 (all-in-one version of 2014 model 7110) with the HP Officejet Pro K8600 driver and it works!
What doesn’t work is "Black level (UCR)" control in the gimp plugin (the slider is stuck) but manually editing the gpturboprintrc parameter "zedoUCR String" seems to do the job.
Have you plans to fully support this printers in a future release? Note: the 7110/7610/7612 models are all almost the same.

By the way I am doing some test prints on uncoated but very low ink absortion papers with 3rd party pigmented inks. Crispness, saturation, color gradations are all very good but on dark saturated areas there is some visible ink puddling. If I put a lower Ink density value everything becomes very pale. Nevertheless the Parameter zedoUCR String True "-50" helps a lot to mitigate ink puddling on these dark areas without affecting general color saturation (black ink seems to have a very different density than color inks)
Can you guide me if there is some way (tweaking the driver file or something) in which I could push the UCR value a little bit lower than -50?