Ilford Prestige

sherman

Ilford Prestige

Post by sherman »

I'm using TurboPrint 2.40-1 with a Studio License and the Corel Aftershot Pro 3 application. The only Ilford profile that's available is Omnijet...I have ilford Galerie Prestige media and was wondering if TurboPrint plans to support this Ilford media type or incorporate an icc import utility in TurboPrint. The user manual indicates that icc import is possible via the toolbox. I don't see that capability.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Ilford Prestige

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

currently there are no plans to extend the range of supported Ilford papers in TurboPrint.

It is possible to import ICC profiles in TurboPrint Control, dialog "Profiles", by adding a new profile entry and then importing the profile with the button "Import color data".

However, it makes only sense to import ICC profiles that were created from color charts printed with TurboPrint.

ICC profiles from the paper manufacturer are made for the printer manufacturer's Windows driver. TurboPrint uses different halftoning and ink mixing techniques (the manufacturer driver is closed source, so we can only approximate these techniques) so colors will not be correct when using a paper manufacturer's ICC profile.

We recommend to create a new color profile with our TurboPrint profile creation service (see the TurboPrint manual chapter 10 for details). Of course you can also use any other ICC profiling service.