PDF option?

exploradorgt

PDF option?

Post by exploradorgt »

Is there an option to save the result (print job) as PDF? that would be great, sending the prints to a virtual printer or some other option using PrintFab, and get a PDF file with the color adjustments.

I've been experimenting with PrintFab for my business (with the trial version) and I'm happy with the functions, but due to bad experiences with Epson printers I moved away from the brand (owned around 20 of them). Sadly PrintFab doesn't support the Brother printers I have and the support for the HP OfficeJet Pro models that I own is limited in features (CMY mode). I still have Canon printers but are not the best models for high volume printing. I would have to change my whole set of printers and that's not an option right now. I have experience in color management but unfortunately I have no control or way to influence the way clients create their documents, and most of them need heavy adjustments that are easily solved with a color control panel such as PrintFab.

To make matters more clear: PrintFab has worked amazingly well on my tests and experiments with normal bond paper on HP high volume printers, but I fall short when using specialized papers where I need more control over CMYK, UCR and total ink amount.
exploradorgt

Re: PDF option?

Post by exploradorgt »

Been thinking about it for days, checked the forums, etc. today is the day.

Lost interest... moving on.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: PDF option?

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there is currently no "print to PDF" option in PrintFab, but this is a good suggestion and we might add this feature to a future PrintFab release.

About printer support:

Brother inkjet printer

The problem is that we cannot get technical information from Brother for these devices, so no support for Brother inkjet printers & multifunction devices is to be expected.

HP DeskJet / OfficeJet / PhotoSmart

Current HP inkjet printers only accept RGB colors in the printer command language. This means that it is possible to create color profiles, but it is not possible to control the usage of black & CMY inks individually (PrintFab's "UCR" setting), because the conversion from RGB colors to CMYK inks is fixed in the printer firmware.