interface problems for a epson 9600

mearussi

interface problems for a epson 9600

Post by mearussi »

I have a Epson 9600 and several functions don't work:
1. can't check status of ink levels
2. can't align heads
3. when I tried to make a new paper size, the name recorded but the size did not (it just kept the previous paper size). This problem is especially important to me as I need to be able to print odd sizes on my 9600.

If there are any solutions to these problems please let me know. thanks
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: interface problems for a epson 9600

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

we have no solution for 1) and 2) yet. We are working on adding ink level display. A temporary solution is to monitor ink levels on the printer status display. As far as I know, print head alignment can also be done on the printer itself:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/48305/ ... ml?page=57

3) the reason is probably that Windows keeps table of page size names and corresponding sizes. Once a size has been defined, it cannot be modified.
You can either rename the page size in PrintFab Control Center or open the Windows "Devices & Printers" dialog -> "Server Properties", tab "Forms" and delete the entry.
mearussi

Re: interface problems for a epson 9600

Post by mearussi »

I've figured out how to make the print size work, but it's a bit clumsy to have to make a new size for every new photo I print that doesn't correspond to a common size. Is there any way you can make the function similar to what's available in the regular driver, where you can just type in a temporary size as needed?