Windows 8 and Epson 7600

lhodaniel

Windows 8 and Epson 7600

Post by lhodaniel »

The idiots at Epson have decided that 7600 owners are not important enough to write a Win 8 driver. In most cases, one can use the Win 7 driver in Win 8. But Epson actually have not written drivers for the x600 series since 2/07 and for XP! To add insult to injury, they are still indicating 9600 support in the future. My next wide format will probably be a Canon. :x

Two questions: (1) Will PrintFab Win work in Win 8?
(2) Does PrintFab Win rely on the Epson driver to operate? IOW, if PrintFab could be installed under Win 8, does it bring its own 7600 driver and could it operate without a driver from Epson installed?

Thanks in advance...

Lloyd
lhodaniel

Re: Windows 8 and Epson 7600

Post by lhodaniel »

Nevermind. My previous problem was that I carried PrintFab over from Win 7 to Win 8. I reinstalled PrintFab in Windows 8 and chose to configure new printer instead of printer already installed. The Epson 7600 is now printing under Windows 8! If you finish this beta soon, you should be able to make a lot of sales from disenfranchised x600 owners.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

thank you for your feedback!
Prineville Ken

Post by Prineville Ken »

Can you lead me through the process to use my 7600 with printfab? I have upgraded to win 8.1 and find out no drivers for the printer. Can I just install Printfab and configure printer there?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

please excuse the delay.

Please download and install PrintFab, then open "PrintFab Control" and add the printer: In the add printer dialog select "new USB printer" - your printer should be visible in the drop down list of currently plugged-in USB printers - make sure that the correct driver is selected - print a test page. This should be all.