Canon Pixma MG7550 23" max lenght problem

CanonAlex

Canon Pixma MG7550 23" max lenght problem

Post by CanonAlex »

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to print panoramic pics in my Canon Pixma MG7550 using PrintFab software. They announce it can print a lenght of 23" but I can not print more than 14" which is the maximum length Canon driver allows.

I tried to use different configurations to avoid the use of the Canon driver spooler configuring the USB connection exclusively with the PrintFab driver, but when I send the image to the printer it doesn't print anything and only a beep in the printer indicates it has received the work but it doesn't print it.

Any experience about PrintFab and not Pro Canon Pixma printers?

Thanks in advance!
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon Pixma MG7550 23" max lenght problem

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

it seems that 14" is acutally the maximum print length - the Canon driver shows "Custom size (scaled)" if you specify a custom size longer than 14".
This is really :( - earlier Canon printers could print up to 23" or 26" length.

About Pixma Pro printers: there is a size limit in the printer firmware that prevents printing longer sizes than 676mm / 26.6inches length.
CanonAlex

Post by CanonAlex »

Thanks zedonet. It seems there are not any solution. You are right, Canon driver don't allow to print a size longer than 14", but I expected PrintFab don't use the Canon driver in any mode and it make possible to print to a Canon printer directly without this limit. In any case, it seems the Canon firmware for these models (no Pro printers) also limits the lenght to 14".
smile

Post by smile »

Use EPSON a.k.a software controlled printer not black box like canon. Therefore you can print any length you want. Use Mirage RIP.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for the suggestion, smile.

Epson printers actually have a larger length limit (or maybe no length limit). We successfully printed a length of 150 inches with an Epson WorkForce WF7610 and an Epson Stylus Pro 3880 printer with PrintFab (after modifying the length limit in the PrintFab driver definition file).
However, I cannot tell if this works reliably (paper may tend to get skewed).

About Mirage RIP: Mirage mainly supports inkjet plotters that accept roll paper, supported desktop printers are Epson Stylus Color R2880/R3000 and Epson Stylus Pro 3800/3880. As far as I know, Mirage uses Epson libraries to control the printer which means that the print length is probably limited according to Epson specifications.