Color chart print problems...

unesco

Color chart print problems...

Post by unesco »

Hi all,
I use Epson SP 1400 with replacement cartriges and ink and would like to order the profile from you. However I am not able to print it. When pressing "Print Color Chart" button, the chart is calculated but then, nothing happens. There is some task sent to the printer but it dissapears after a few miliseconds. Any help would be appreciated.
Also some other functions do not work, e.g. "Nozzle Check" or "Alligh printhead" (test page print works). Also in Color tab, many of the functions have no influence on the print, ink droplets are also not calculated.
Do you think it is normal, or I do something wrong or the printer modell is not fully supported? Checked on two computers - Win XP x64 and Win7 64bit.
But in particular I am interested in your profiling service.
Thanks in advance for help!
unesco

Re: Color chart print problems...

Post by unesco »

Helllooo...is anyone there after 3 weeks of waiting time...?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

sorry for the late answer. I think this was a problem in PrintFab 0.94beta that prevented printing of maintenance jobs and profiles on some Windows installations. This has been fixed in PrintFab 0.95beta - can you please try with the new version and let me know if the problem is solved also on your computer?
unesco

Post by unesco »

Thanks, it works now, however it looks like that I needed to add the printer as "new USB printer" instead of "already set up". In the second case it didn't work with 0.95beta as for 0.94beta.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

You are right, it seems that the problem is still not completely fixed :( . We will fix this in the next beta - please excuse the problem!
eosnead

Post by eosnead »

I am having the same problems trying to print profile data sheets. The program says it is now printing but the printer does not respond. The printer queue shows the program printing but nothing is happening. When I try to clear the queue it says data deleting but never clears the queue. I can't manually clear the queue and can't print because the file is still in the queue. The only way I can clear the queue is by uninstalling PrintFab and rebooting the computer.

Normal PrintFab printing can be done and I use Qimage and the PrintFab driver. My printer is an Epson 3880 using Epson ink and paper. I'm impressed with the printed image quality and would like to order a few printer profiles so I hope this problem can be corrected in the final release. I am running version .095 on a Ethernet network connection.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Did you try the suggestion
Add the printer as "new USB printer" instead of "already set up"
(in PrintFab Control Center)?

Another way to clear the print queue is

- open an administrator command prompt window (search for the application "command", right click and select "open as administrator")

- enter "net stop spooler"

- delete the *.shd and *.spl files in c:\windows\system32\spool\printers

- enter "net start spooler"