Errors when printing

Starfungi

Errors when printing

Post by Starfungi »

I have a couple of issues on W10 version. V 1.08
When printing the spooler shows - waiting- and I am unable to print .
I have trouble then deleting the print in the spooler , sometimes takes 10 mins.
Sometimes - 1 in 4 print requests I get the printer printing text as per the attachment.
1printfab error.jpg
1printfab error.jpg (26.44 KiB) Viewed 7464 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Errors when printing

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

can you please send some additional information:

- what is your printer model?
- how is the printer connected - USB or network / WiFi?
- how did you set up the printer in the PrintFab application - redirection to an existing print queue (choice "already set up") or as an "USB printer" or "network printer"?

We noticed that after an automatic Windows update the PrintFab print queue may be "blocked" (print job visible in the spooler but printing doesn't start) - in this case it helps to reinstall PrintFab. However, this problem should be fixed in the current PrintFab release 1.08.
Starfungi

Post by Starfungi »

1. Epson Stylus Photo 1410
2. USB
3. USB printer
4.I have re-installed after w10 update last week.

This also happens on my Epson 720 both error as above and hanging. Lost A3 sheets today due to above. But having to delete jobs and then go to Print fab Jobs to delete the waiting jobs as well.

However when printing now with the new profile its great. Mono I still need to tweek as not correct.

Thanks
Brian
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

The problem may have been caused by the Windows 10 update and that reinstallation of PrintFab "fixed" the problem.

Please let me know if the problem is still there.
Starfungi

Post by Starfungi »

I still get the problem and also unable to cancel a print job. I think the problem is caused by a change in print image size and I change the profile. It takes ages to clear the print job and sometimes its waiting or deleting after many minutes.
However the good news is I am now much more familiar with the interface and getting good prints. I seem to have solved the majenta cast in my prints particularly the monochrome.

Thanks
Brian
ACES INC

Post by ACES INC »

I also am experiencing the same problems. I have an Epson ET-14000 and I am using Windows 10 as well. Everything looks correct until I press print.. I am currently using the trial version.