Epson R1900 CMYK color model

xz05kl

Epson R1900 CMYK color model

Post by xz05kl »

I just bought Epson R1900 and installed your program, I am hoping to printing CMYK format pic from photoshop. Specifically, I need to print a black color that doesn't contain any k. ( It is a 100 c, 100 m, 100 y, 0 k ) In my photoshop, the k number is 0, however it seems there is no way I can stop the printer from adding k in the printing process. I think there is a way of doing this though your program, but I don't know how. Can I tell me what setting in ps and what setting in printfab I need to adjust?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Epson R1900 CMYK color model

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

PrintFab supports a "CMYK" mode. However it does not necessarily pass through document C, M, Y, K to printer C, M, Y , K inks because "color matching" is done that makes sure that the visual appearance of document color and printed color is identical.

Depending on the paper type that is used, real inkjet printer black ("K") must be added for proper color reproduction.

Is there a reason that you want to use C, M & Y only - e.g. usage of special inks?
xz05kl

Post by xz05kl »

Normal K ink contain carbon, that is what I can't have in my printing. I have to either take out the k cartridge, so the printer prints out a black color that is make of C M Y ink. Or I have to have a special K ink that is mixed of C M Y ink, so it will still print our c m y black with no carbon in it but I don't need to take out the cartridge.

The reason is a bit complicated to explain. I need the normal k for a special code I print later on the picture, it is the carbon that helps the device read the code. So if the picture has carbon, it effects the code, then the device won't be able to read the code.

This is what I do and what happen. I print picture first and then put the picture back and print the code on top. The code is readable on lighter color of the picture but not on dark color of the picture, because the dark color contains more k ink.

I have tried your program, it does help a bit, but not enough. I am wondering if there is any thing else might helpful? Thanks!
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

If it is a commercial project we could create a special version of PrintFab that lets you control CMY and K individually.
We could discuss this by email - I'll send you an email so that you can answer directly.