Cannot adjust printer output

Randy

Cannot adjust printer output

Post by Randy »

My problem is as follows: I have a Kubuntu 6.06 system and I am printing to a HP952C color inkjet printer that is connected to a Windows XP machine.
Printing photos from Digikam or Gwenview results in the printer output being a little dark and too little color.

I have tried to adjust the gamma and the color saturation within the Turboprint driver but the printer output does not change. The print preview display also does not reflect the changes. (I am not sure if it should).
Any changes made by running the Turboprint config as root, does show up in the printer drivers properties, but still does not effect the output.

Is all of this due to Linux sending the data as RAW to the Windows machine and so cannot support changes in the ouput ?

Thanks,
Randy
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Adjustments also work when printing to a network printer. The changes are not visible in the preview. If you modify saturation and gamma from the application, it is necessary to set the option "User Color" from "Off" to "User" (you can also change the default setting in TurboPrint Config / xtpconfig: page "graphics", check "activate user colors").
Randy

Post by Randy »

Yes, I discovered I had the correct settings selected but I had only changed the settings a slight amount, which I could not see on the printout.

Once I made a much greater change in the gamma and color saturation settings, the changes on the printout were much more noticeable.

Thanks for your help.

Randy