Issue with head cleaning on Stylus R800

Questions on certain printers and applications
broadstairs

Issue with head cleaning on Stylus R800

Post by broadstairs »

My Epson R800 will not run a head cleaning cycle if any ink tank is low and under Windows this provides an error message when this is the case. Under TP it just does nothing leaving the user maybe wondering if there is another problem with the printer. Can you add detection of this condition and provide a message as feedback please?

Stuart
broadstairs

Re: Issue with head cleaning on Stylus R800

Post by broadstairs »

I am now wondering if the tools menu does not provide any feedback to the user for any function if it gets an error. I am getting USB disconnects randomly now and think the reason I could not do a head clean was that the USB had disconnected (probably a Fedora issue) but the tools menu does not provide any feedback on an error or disconnect.

Stuart
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the tools menu sends the nozzle cleaning command to the print queue, it does not report a success / failure status - a status / error may be reported in TurboPrint Monitor (Epson's windows driver works the same way).

What is the status in TurboPrint Monitor before / during / after cleaning?
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

I'll check, I think I might have resolved the USB disconnects which I need to test first for it to be a fair test of TP. I'll try to do this and feedback in the next couple of days.

Stuart
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

Now I have seemed to solved the disconnects, the Clean Print Heads seems to do nothing and nothing shows in the Monitor other than Idle status. When I select it I can here the printer make a sound but no head cleaning takes place. I have one cartridge at 7% so I dont know for sure that this is low enough to stop cleaning, all I know is that I do remember seeing a warning under Windows before about this. Printing a test pattern or demo page works fine.

Stuart