HP Officejet 7000 A3 Printer - windows driver?

Questions on certain printers and applications
pracrichard

HP Officejet 7000 A3 Printer - windows driver?

Post by pracrichard »

Hi,

I've been a registered user of Turboprint for some time and always found it excellent. I have now replaced my printer and find my new HP Officejet 7000 is not supported directly in Turboprint. I can get it working using the Office Jet Pro K8600 driver but this does not give all functionality.

I have one real problem is that it will not rotate the image for LANDSCAPE printing in either A4 or A3. The only way I can print a landscape document is to make a PDF and rotate that before sending it to the printer - a real hassle when I am in a hurry to print a series of spreadsheets.

I have seen on this forum that somebody has used windows drivers. How can I do this if it is possible, What file do I copy across from the Windows machine and where do I put it? (The Windows machine runs under Windows XP Sp4 and is on the same network)

Another problem is that it won't run printer maintenance tools - they are all greyed out - this in not too much of a problem as we have a Windows computer on the network and can use this.

(I do not expect ink levels as I am using the ethernet port on the printer.)

I am running Ubuntu 12.04