Photo Tray Printing EPSON PX720WD

Questions on certain printers and applications
seume

Photo Tray Printing EPSON PX720WD

Post by seume »

Hi!

I am trying turboprint on ubuntu 12.04 and can't getting photos on photo tray printed.
The printer always says "Selected Paper not available" (or similar in german).
In settings I select 10x15cm, Photo Tray. To prevent printing to A4 I first remove all A4 paper from tray.

As photo printing is key for me to migrate from windows to linux I would be very happy if there is a standard solution on how to print photos (btw: I tried gnome-photo-printer yielding the same error).

Thanks a lot

S.

PS: currently I am on turboprint evaluation but if photo printing works (and it should work) I would of course buy a license. Furthermore I think this information is also useful for owners of similar printers.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Photo Tray Printing EPSON PX720WD

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the printer chooses the tray dependig on the paper size that has been selected for the print job - up to 13x18cm the upper (photo paper) tray is used, for larger sizes the paper is fed from the lower tray.
It is important to verify/set the page size in the application's print dialog (the default size setting made in "TurboPrint Control" may be overwritten by the size chosen in the application's print dialog).

Please post the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log after trying to print on a 10x15cm / 4x6inch photo card (post only section for last print job starting from "### new print job").
seume

Post by seume »

Hello!

thanks for support: I added a logfile (cleaned it up before printing). I tried printing (using gnome-photo-printer) one photo to 10x15cm paper size. Gnome photo printer accepted for the layout only smaller image dimensions, so there I choose 9x13 cm. Preview was OK. As a logfile as attachement is not allowed, I provide the logfile using nopase-service: http://nopaste.info/7baa46fd21.html

Thanks in advance!

Seume
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you for posting the logfile! Everything looks okay except the paper type is set to "Plain Paper" - the printer might refuse to load "Plain paper" from the photo tray. Could you please try again and select some kind of photo paper in the print dialog, e.g. "Epson Premium Glossy" (it doesn't matter which paper is actually present in the photo tray)?
seume

Post by seume »

Hi!

thanks for all advices and help. I checked all settings in printing dialog. Furthermore I installed the epson-artisan-drivers and altered my printer in cups-admin. Still printing on paper - I give up...
Thanks für help and I still believe turboprint is a great product.

regards

Seume