canon mg3520

Questions on certain printers and applications
dgdriscoll

canon mg3520

Post by dgdriscoll »

Installed turboprint demo version 2.33-1 on Fedora 20 gnome desktop. Print test page, subwindow says says job finished, spooler message "printing page 1 15% complete..." The only thing is I set it to letter size on sub panel but in the settings panel of the printer monitor tab it says page size = A4. but nothing happens at the printer. Don't see anything useful in the log files. I can scan from from the canon using the driver I got from Canon's asian site. I can print to my old hp using the same usb cable. I've tried Canon's printer driver, the gnuprint driver for mg3500 series and Turboprint. In all cases cups seems perfectly happy but nothing happens at the printer. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave Driscoll
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: canon mg3520

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

Can you please try the following:

1. Make sure that the "TP-USB" Backend has been chosen in TurboPrint Control Center. Open TurboPrint Control and check if the column "URI" starts with "tpu..." and not with "usb...". If it starts with "usb...", click on "Edit" and choose the port entry "Canon iP4200 ... TP-USB" and click on "OK" to save the configuration.

2. If you still have printing problems, try the following (only if you have some experiences with a text editor and altering system files as superuser):
Edit the file

/etc/turboprint/system.cfg

and add the line "USB_MODE=0". In case this line was already present (e.g. USB_MODE=1) just alter it.
dgdriscoll

Post by dgdriscoll »

That did the trick. thanks
dgdriscoll

Post by dgdriscoll »

I had to reinstall os then reinstall turbo print now it doesn't work again. The control paned shows port Canon MG3500 TP-USB #1 uri tpu://Canon/MG3500_series.
I added USB_MODE=0 to /etc/turboprint/system.cfg.
I'm getting the error: cups::enum_printers: cups-get-devices failed.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave Driscoll
(OS Fedora 20)
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

The error "cups-get-devices failed" can mean that the CUPS printing system daemon is currently not running properly (restarting Linux should help) or that TurboPrint Control cannot get administrator privileges to access the CUPS daemon properly - in this case you can try to start TurboPrint Control from a "Terminal" window as administrator with the command

sudo turboprint

(your password will be requested) and then try to add the printer.