Canon Pixma iP8750

Questions on certain printers and applications
eilert

Canon Pixma iP8750

Post by eilert »

Very happy to read that version 2.33-1 should support the iP8750..

Running OpenSuse 13.1 and had it USB connected in Cups but with a bit reduced functionality. (example max dpi=600)
Installing from TP Control Center can display ink level, align print head and so on but would not print.
Starting a test print seems to send some signal to the printer as I can see the power lamp is blinking but that’s it..

Installing in Cups with the TP driver gave me a test print once but then nothing.
After this first test print it's not able to print and gives this in Cups error log:

Code: Select all

Returning HTTP Forbidden for CUPS-Get-Devices (ipp://localhost/printers/) from localhost
Kind a strange message as it's USB connected not wireless..

Have also tested to connect it through wireless and this gives me the exact same results (blinking power lamp but no printout)

Searched the forum to find if someone had success or problems with TP and iP8750 but could not find threads on this specific model..

.:Tore
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon Pixma iP8750

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there was a bug in the driver for the Canon iP8700series printer (sorry for the problem).
I'm going to email you a corrected file for your printer that will solve the problem (will be included in the next TurboPrint release soon).
eilert

Re: Canon Pixma iP8750

Post by eilert »

Great stuff!

Very easy fix and my printer showed up right away.
What's even better news is that it gives better print results than the stock driver in Windows 8)
Maybe an adjustment issue in Windows but i compared to one print I made from a Windows machine.
(Same shot without any adjustments gave a brighter and crispier print with Linux TurboPrint)

Thanks for addressing my problem extremely quick!
You have a new and very satisfied customer :D

.:Tore