Switching between text and graphics

Questions on certain printers and applications
baba

Switching between text and graphics

Post by baba »

I have TP installed and working on most graphics/photo printing apps. Prints very high quality photos. Problems I posted previously were all due to issues in the apps.

Now, what is supposed to happen when I want to print black and white or greyscale text. Still prints very slowly like in high quality mode. If I go into TP config and change quality it prints somewhat faster but I still have the feeling it is not using the black ink cartridge. I know this is not windows, but in windows it is automatic.

Using Open office Writer or Calc for example, I don't see any way to change the settings from the program. Do I always have to go back to TP config.

I also tried setting up another printer definition using a generic driver (Gutenprint) in linux. It seems to print text OK but I expect I will run into problems. And at least in OO, if I select that printer rather that the default (tp0), it does not keep that selection for the next time I open the program.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

printing in black&white or grayscale mode should be quick, if media type "Plain Paper" is selected and no borderless page size is selected.

These settings are also available from OpenOffice applications.

From the OpenOffice print dialog, choose "Settings", tab "Device". Try

"MediaType"="Plain paper"
"Print Quality"="600dpi"
"Color Mode"="Grayscale Fast"