Epson XP-830 Inkscape DVD Not Printing

Questions on certain printers and applications
mendy

Epson XP-830 Inkscape DVD Not Printing

Post by mendy »

Hi on Ubuntu 18.04LTS Mate and TurboPrint 2.46
Had HP D5160 die and replaced with Epxon XP-830. I must be missing some setting as it doesn't print correctly in Inkscape but prints fine using Writer Template from Tips & Tricks Epson XP-800 CD Template thread. In Inkscape to initially align I print small square on plain disk (wipe off and reuse), measure and offset square in Inkscape. Then on another layer have large square size of print area and align it to now aligned small square. Then just turn on layer with large square and center artwork, center and turn off large square layer.
In the Writer template I deleted text and just put a dot and it printed correctly. Noticed the Writer template shows Page Size CD/DVD while the Inkscape shows Paper Size A4.

Another question: If I run past trial period will I be able to still test setup with a watermark or such. In case don't resolve issue by then?
Attachments
TurboPrint Printer Monitor LibreOffice Office.jpg
TurboPrint Printer Monitor LibreOffice Office.jpg (61.63 KiB) Viewed 5637 times
TurboPrint Printer Monitor Inkscape.jpg
TurboPrint Printer Monitor Inkscape.jpg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 5637 times
Inkscape Document Properties.jpg
Inkscape Document Properties.jpg (93.61 KiB) Viewed 5637 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Epson XP-830 Inkscape DVD Not Printing

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I just verified the problem - please excuse the late answer.

The problem is that Inkscape doesn't allow to select a page size in its print dialog.

A workaround is to export the document to PDF (dialog "Save as...") and print it from the PDF document viewer which has the same print dialog but allows page size selection.

I hope we can find a better solution in a future TurboPrint release.
mendy

Re: Epson XP-830 Inkscape DVD Not Printing

Post by mendy »

:D Hi, just had a chance to try your suggested workaround. Printed just my alignment dot at first. Looked OK, then printed my alignment dot and alignment square. Came out aligned. Dot is just to indicated the needed direction I would have to correct. Next generated a disk project and it worked. Thank you did not want to try to find another program as used to using Inkscape. Have all my projects in layers and just make visible the ones I want to print. Only have limited days left on trial and will decide wheter to purchase right away (have no projects waiting) or possibly wait for next upgrade.
Attachments
TP Workaround Works.resized.jpg
TP Workaround Works.resized.jpg (153.54 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
TP Workaround Align.resized.jpg
TP Workaround Align.resized.jpg (53.48 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
OK.jpg
OK.jpg (62.16 KiB) Viewed 5604 times