Get in accurte message when printing on my Epson 1430.

Questions on certain printers and applications
cscj01

Get in accurte message when printing on my Epson 1430.

Post by cscj01 »

My Epson 1430 is connected via a USB plug. When I print a document, I get a message in Turboprint that there is a USB error or the printer is not connected. However, the document prints correctly. Why does Turboprint think there is something wrong with the USB connection? I am on Ubuntu 18.04.3 and Turboprint 2.48-2.
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Get in accurte message when printing on my Epson 1430.

Post by zedonet »

Hello cscj01,

probably your driver is connecting to the printer using the standard USB backend driver - shown as "usb://..." in the URI column in TurboPrint Control. While printing, the standard USB backend from CUPS prevents TurboPrint from seeing and accessing the printer. Thus TurboPrint also offers its own USB backend driver (shown as "tpu://..." in the URI column) which allows access to printer status while printing.
You can change the backend driver in TurboPrint Control with the "edit" button. In "standard printer" selection mode your printer should be listed twice in the "Port" selection - with the extension "TP-USB" for the TurboPrint USB driver, "USB" for the standard driver. Select the TP-USB driver to switch to this backend.