Pixma iP7250: cyan tint on photo printouts.

Other questions
jbh

Pixma iP7250: cyan tint on photo printouts.

Post by jbh »

I have a strange problem with printing photos on my iP7250. Using both the original canon driver and the turboprint driver, the photos come out looking very cyan tinted. Printing the same photos with the gutenprinter driver (from svn) comes out looking correct. This leads me to speculate that the printer is ok, but that some lib used both by the canon and the gutenprint driver has a problem? I was able to somewhat mitigate the problem using the ink correction settings, but it still comes out bad looking.

I was going to attach/upload printouts of the same test picture with the 3 different driver. Seems this forum won't accept a file bigger than 256KB though, so I'm putting them on my dropbox and linking them. Apologies for the people that might read this later when the images will have been removed...

Operating system is Archlinux, don't know what other details might be useful to trouble shoot this?

Looking forwards for any and all help as this is a quite crippling issue for me!

Original:

Turboprint v2.32:

Canon v3.80:

Gutenprint v5.2.10 (svn)

Best wishes,
jbh

Re: Pixma iP7250: cyan tint on photo printouts.

Post by jbh »

Some information I left out.

I am using MIS ink from inksupply.com (left over from my broken iP4200) with cartridges from octopus. The ink isn't listed as compatible with the iP7250/cli-551, but it is with the US version of the printer iP7220 and it's cli-251 cartridges. I take this to mean that the ink is ok for the iP7250 too.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello jbh,

with compatible inks, colors may differ a lot from the color reproduction with original inks. As both drivers, TurboPrint and the original manufacturers driver are calibrated to Canon inks, they produce a similar cyan cast with your compatible inks. You could get almost perfect colors using your inks with an individual color profile created by our color measurement service. For having created such a profile, you need to print a color chart via TurboPrint color management menues and send this printed chart to us by standard mail. The profile creation costs EUR 14,95. The profile calibrates the color reproduction to your inks, so you do not have to change any other color settings. Of course the other color profiles for original ink will still be available, TurboPrint justs adds a new paper type in the list of supported papers. Selecting this paper type will activate the new color reproduction.
jbh

Post by jbh »

Is there someway that I can set the correction of a single colour to more/less than 50%?