License questions

Other questions
MRC01

License questions

Post by MRC01 »

I'm considering purchasing TurboPrint to continue using beyond my current 30-day trial. But I have some questions before I do that:
1. Does the license ever expire? The site says it includes updates for 6 months, but does not mention the license duration.
2. Which license(s) do I need to print on 13" wide roll paper: Pro? Studio? Studio + XL?
3. Which license do I need to use color profiles made with the Zedo service?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: License questions

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

1. the license does not expire, an upgrade is only required if you want to use a newer TurboPrint version. 6 months free updates are included, an option for 2 years free updates can be selected at the time of purchase.

2. to print on 13" wide roll paper, the TurboPrint Pro license is sufficient.

3. all versions including TurboPrint Pro can use color profiles created by ZEDOnet
MRC01

Post by MRC01 »

Thanks. Can the Pro version also print on 13x19 sheet paper?
When (for what sizes) is the Studio version needed?
MRC01

Post by MRC01 »

PS: I use the ProPhotoRGB color space (RT_Large_gBT709 in Rawtherapee). My Turboprint trial supports this. Does the "Pro" version also support this? Or is it considered an additional ICC profile only supported by the Studio version?
From this question, I see that TurboPrint supports this: https://www.turboprint.info/support/vie ... php?t=2660
My question: is this supported in the Pro version?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

yes, importing an ICC color space like ProPhoto RGB is only supported by TurboPrint Studio.

TurboPrint Studio has the following additional features compared to TurboPrint Pro:

- use additional color spaces by importing the ICC profiles
- print CMYK documents (PDF or from Scribus, Inkscape)
- colorimetric intent (relative, absolute) for proof printing

additional features in Studio XL:
- print width larger than 15" / 38cm (= A3+)
- silkscreen printing mode: halftone settings, ink volume adjustment, optional "all black" mode (multible black cartridges)
MRC01

Post by MRC01 »

Thanks for the prompt answers.
ProPhoto RGB isn't really a custom one-off, but a standard color space widely supported, with freely available ICC files. Any plans to include it out of the box in all versions?