Printing on 8cm CDs

pwmarcus

Printing on 8cm CDs

Post by pwmarcus »

Hello,
I'm on debian unstable (turboprint drivers version 2.11-2). My printer is a Canon Pixma IP 4200. I'm tryin to print on 8cm (mini CDs) printable cds, I've seen on an other topic in this forum, that I had to create a 14X14cm document with 1cm margins. This is what I did with openoffice draw.

The CDs I've bought have a printable area that goes from 7,8cm (outer diameter) to 2,3cm (inner diameter). I've created a new custom page size (That I've named "CD-8cm") via the driver's GUI.

The problem I have is, I can't print all over the printable area especially in the center: It leaves all the time a blank part of 8,5 mm, even if I try to change the "inner" option (in the "Printable area (circle diameter) section , it doesn't change anything !

How could I solve it ? Any idea ?

Cheers
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

some versions of OpenOffice have a problem that they cannot handle page sizes that have the same dimensions - e.g. if "CD printable" and "CD printable 8mm" are both 14x14cm, OpenOffice always selects "CD printable", even if "CD printable 8mm" is chosen in the print dialog.

Please try to modify the predefined CD page size instead of creating a new one (TurboPrint Control, button "Sizes").
pwmarcus

Post by pwmarcus »

Yes you're right, openoffice will keep the " CD/DVD" page setup even if I choose anything else.
But I found a solution more convenient for me: I tried to print via "GIMP" and it works very well.

Thank you for answering.

Cheers