Having multiple Epson c88's on same rip?

Questions on installation
rhegyi

Having multiple Epson c88's on same rip?

Post by rhegyi »

Hello:

This may be a silly question, but can I add two Epson c88 printers to the same rip? I added the second printer and it called it Epson c88-1 but when I selected that printer it sent the job to the other printer. Is the RIP a one machine rip? Both printers are connected via USB.

Thanks in Advance.
Rick
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

USB printers are found by model name (e.g. "Epson C88") and serial number. Sometimes the serial number is missing, so Mac OS cannot distinguish between the printers.

Can you please find out the "URL" for both printers:

Open the "print & fax" settings of the Mac OS system settings dialog, select your printer, press the "options & supplies" button.

An dialog will be shown that indicates the "URL" on tab "General".
rhegyi

Re: Having multiple Epson c88's on same rip?

Post by rhegyi »

Hello: Believe it not I'm finally going out to try to figure out this multiple C88 issue. After I determine what the URL of the second printer is, what do I do next?

Thanks,
Rick
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Please post both URLs, so that we can find out if a unique printer identification is present in the URL.
rhegyi

Post by rhegyi »

O.K. I'm going Friday to try to resolve this. You guys are 6 hours ahead of us here on the east coast of the U.S., I hope someone will be available to answer while I'm on site. I'll try to post as soon as I get there and retrieve the information.

Thank You
Rick