canon ip6000d

Questions on certain printers and applications
bmenge

canon ip6000d

Post by bmenge »

I am using a canon ip6000d with Ubuntu 7.04 and have never been thrilled with the color photo printing not to mention the speed. The speed I can deal with but the photo printing is something that needs to be taken care of if I am to continue with this setup. What can I do to get the print quality to improve. I have the paper setting set to the proper paper and started with the quality level at high then tried super none of which turned out good at all. Earlier(a few months ago) I printed and was disappointed with the lack of photo brilliance for lack of a better word, the colors seemed to be faded and lacked any bright crisp shades. Now I am having the same trouble along with red toned alternating stripes every .5 cm on the brown shades. The pixels are rather pronounced in the photo as well. I checked ink levels visually all looked ok other than cyan *non photo* I replaced the one low cartridge no improvement. When I first got turbo print I did change all the print cartridges when the colors were dull.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

print quality should be quite good if a glossy photo paper is used (e.g. Canon papers PR101 / PP101 / GP301/401/501) and the driver is set to the correct paper type and a high print quality.

To see if the driver is using the correct settings you could post the log file /var/lpg/turboprint_cups.log after trying to print in photo quality (only section for the last print). Please write which application software you used.

Also print a nozzle test page (from TurboPrint Config, "Toolbox") to make sure that all inks & print head nozzles are working properly. All 6 staircase patterns must be complete.
kcirts41

canon ip6000d

Post by kcirts41 »

Hi I also am using this canon printer, but on Mandriva 2008.1 and using Ilford Gallery Paper and when I selected this specific paper the results were not satisfactory, so I tried some of the others listed and finally settled on the Kodak paper on the list using the onboard Flphoto program. The options aren't quite what I would like , but the results are great with the Turbo Print drivers. Good work.

Guy