Printer Profiles??

Questions on Installation
carusoswi

Printer Profiles??

Post by carusoswi »

The following is shown in a paragraph describing the features of the TP Studio product:

With an individual color profile from our profiling service, color reproduction becomes more accurate. It also guarantees good print quality with third-party paper and ink cartridges.

Where is this profiling service located, how is it accessed? I currently have a version 1 license and have downloaded the 30-day trial of version 2, and am quite happy with it. I don't know which version I should purchase, however.

It would be useful for me to have a look at what's available in the way of these profiles to see if they are of benefit to me.

Thanks in advance for your help. Any additional guidance concerning which version I should purchase would also be appreciated.

I own a number of printers. Epson seems to be supported by my Linux OS (Ubuntu 8.10), but, until discovering tp2, I have been unsuccessful in using my favorite photo printer in Linux (Canon i960). TP2 supports it perfectly (thank you), so, I will be upgrading - just not certain which version I should purchase.

Thanks again.

Caruso
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello carusoswi,

The profiling service is located in Germany. To have a printed chart measured, the chart needs to be sent to the profiling service via mail.
The costs per profile are 15 EUR. It is paid in advance by purchasing a profile order number.
Both versions of TurboPrint support color profiles. If you also need special color spaces (like Adobe RGB, Wide RGB, Scanner profiles, etc.) or want to print CMYK documents with exact color, you need the Studio version.