PrintFab Installation Problem osMac High Sierra 10.13.6

Questions on Installation
Ron W

PrintFab Installation Problem osMac High Sierra 10.13.6

Post by Ron W »

Hello, I just purchased and installed PrintFab 2 on my iMac by using the PrintFab Toolbox then using System Preferences. Each time I try to print on my HP PageWide 552 printer it just clicks, the screen turns blue with B8A2CF38 and I have to reset the printer. I've read and read the Manual and it shows 2 methods for installation. Tried adding the PrintFab software, using Secure AirPrint, Air Print to install. I see the PrintFab 2.87 driver installed and the license # but it will not allow me to print a photo. I have no problems if I use the HP print driver. Everything prints perfectly. Brand new printer and had the HP tech replace the motherboard. Please help.
Attachments
IMG_2587.jpg
IMG_2587.jpg (87.71 KiB) Viewed 5743 times
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: PrintFab Installation Problem osMac High Sierra 10.13.6

Post by zedonet »

Hello Ron W,

when connecting via AirPrint, the printer expects a certain simplified printing data format. However, PrintFab is using the PCL printer language. It would be helpful if the printer showed an error or a warning but it just seems to crash.
For printer connection the "HP Jetdirect - Socket" network protocol should be fine. If your printer is not detected by PrintFab Toolbox (add printer button) and you set it up via System Preferences, the needed protocol is not shown in the "Standard" connection list but in the "IP" category. The setup also needs the IP-address of your printer which should be displayed in a network menu on the printer panel.

If printing still does not work, please also try if at least printing via USB cable is successful.