Color correction doesn't work

Linux distribution specific questions
gian

Color correction doesn't work

Post by gian »

Hello All,

my monitor is calibrated, and the printer profiled by Zedonet.

After the summer break I had to replace a lot of cartridges for my Pixma Pro 10s, and although now it prints well, I wanted to check the color balance with a test image.

It turned out to have less "red" than the image on display, so I thought I'd fine tune it in the driver.

However, no matter how much I pushed the slides in the Turboprint toolbox tabs (Color: Red or Correction: Magenta), the print came out just the same.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any advice,

-Gian
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Color correction doesn't work

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the setting "Correction: Magenta" should work.

It is important to know that the settings in TurboPrint Control -> dialog "Configure" are only default values that can be overwritten by the application.

Please check in the application's print dialog (e.g. in Libre Office: button "Properties..." -> tab "Device") if the setting "Intensity Magenta" is set to the correct value before printing.
gian

Post by gian »

Hi,

thanks for your support.

I am printing from Gimp to a Canon Pixma-Pro 10s.

Yesterday I was trying to correct Magenta via the Turboprint/ControCenter/Configure button, today I realized that maybe I should have used the "Turboprint Config" button you find under the printer settings "printer model" you see when you launch a print.

However, nothing changes even with Magenta +10.

I am puzzled.
gian

Post by gian »

Ok, maybe I had different expectations about the range of correction: with Magenta +50 there is a small difference, enough to be satisfied.

Is this how it is supposed to work?
gian

Post by gian »

and how can I make it stick?
gian

Post by gian »

ok, saving settings will retain the value..