PNG, JPEG not printing using Turboprint

Questions on Installation
zellmer

PNG, JPEG not printing using Turboprint

Post by zellmer »

I’m using Open SUSE Tumbleweed and Turbo Print Demo Version. I’ve got problem with printing PNG and JPEG flies. There was also problem with text printing but I found this workaround: http://www.turboprint.info/support/view ... 153#p14884 Every time I tray to print a picture this bug occurs
Attachments
Screenshot_20190107_193553.jpg
Screenshot_20190107_193553.jpg (216.14 KiB) Viewed 14175 times
broadstairs

Re: PNG, JPEG not printing using Turboprint

Post by broadstairs »

I just tried printing a jpeg image from gwenview and had no issue at all. I use Tumbleweed also. Does it happen with any image or only one from a particular source? Mine was from a DSLR camera. I also tried a png image which was a screenshot and it also worked OK.

Stuart
zellmer

Post by zellmer »

I made some tests. I can't print jpeg and png files using Gwenview and Okular (I tried differnet files from different sources). I have no issue with any jpeg or png files using Gimp and Firefox. How to fix this problem?
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

Is your Tumbleweed system fully updated and do you use zypper dup only to update it?

Stuart
zellmer

Post by zellmer »

My system is fully updated. I'm using zypper dup to update my system. I noticed that there's no any problem with printing jpeg or png files when I'm using epson or gutenprint drivers. I checked gwenwiew and okular.
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

I guess it must be the Epson drivers then as I no longer have an Epson I cant help further.

Stuart
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I could reproduce the problem under the current SuSE Tumbleweed - the Ghostscript version that comes with TurboPrint fails with the PDF file that gwenview sends for the print job. (The PDF file actually seems to be incorrect, Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows cannot display it).

We will try to find a solution for the upcoming new TurboPrint version.
broadstairs

Post by broadstairs »

I am intrigued that you can reproduce this error. I use Tumbleweed and have just printed a jpeg image perfectly using Turboprint from Gwenview. My system is fully updated and I'm using Gwenview 18.12 with ghostscript 9.26-1.1 and TP 2.47-1.

Stuart
Florrens

Post by Florrens »

Should I perform an update? Is the version with the fix for this out? Ran into this problem on one of my older machines.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

TurboPrint 2.47-1 is the version with the fix - if you are currently using an older version, I recommend the update.