Roll Paper Always Feeds 129"

Other questions
MRC01

Roll Paper Always Feeds 129"

Post by MRC01 »

I'm in the 30-day trial on Ubuntu 16.04 with TurboPrint 2.47 and an Epson SureColor P400. So far everything works well, except...

When I print to roll paper, it always feeds a LOT through the printer after the print is done. It's about 10' of fresh unused paper, I assume this is the TurboPrint 129" limit. Then I must push the printer's reverse feed button several times to get it all fed back onto the roll.

I've set the roll paper custom size to 8.27x12.41, which is the size of a normal SLR photo on that width. So it should only push 12.41" through the printer, not 10 feet! But no matter what I set the length to, TurboPrint always feeds the full 129" through.

Is this a bug in TurboPrint, or am I doing something wrong?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Roll Paper Always Feeds 129"

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

I am not sure what is wrong. Possible problems are:

- the feed setting (tray / roll paper) is not correct

- a custom page size has been defined in the wrong size

- the custom page size was defined in the application print dialog and not in the "TurboPrint Control" application.
It is important that custom sizes are created in "TurboPrint Control". Some applications offer to define a custom size directly in the print dialog (e.g. Gnome applications), this does not work with TurboPrint drivers.

You could send the log file /var/log/turboprint/print.log that contains the internal driver settings - please send by email to mail (at) zedonet (dot) com
MRC01

Post by MRC01 »

Yep, I defined the paper size in the TurboPrint control app. However, when I first created it I gave it only width, not length, so the length may have defaulted to 129". Then later I updated it and set the length to 12.41". After doing that it still printed 129" long.

I will try deleting this paper size entirely, then recreating one that is 8.27x12.41.
MRC01

Post by MRC01 »

I've tried all the options you suggested, this problem still happens. Looks like a bug in Turboprint. I emailed you a log file with a reference to this thread.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Thank you - I'll email you an updated driver file that should fix the problem.
MRC01

Post by MRC01 »

The updated file you sent fixed this problem. Thank you!