BW print color cast

gian

BW print color cast

Post by gian »

Hello All,
I know it has been debated before, but I was unable to sort out the problem.
I did not experience this color cast before, and it's not my first BW print, but now I have a slight magenta cast on the print.
The printer is a Canon Pixma-Pro 10s, paper Canson Rag Photographique, Gloss Auto, Quality 5-9600, Gray Photo, RGB either sRGB or Adobe, it's the same.
Am I missing something?
If I touch the color settings in TurboPrint Config, I'll loose the correct balance when I go back to color...
Thanks for any advice,
-Gian
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: BW print color cast

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

you can either adjust the color balance in TurboPrint Control -> button "Configure" -> Tab "Color".

Or you can create a new color profile with our color profile measurement service which is explained in the TurboPrint PDF manual or online help, you can access profile management from TurboPrint Control -> button "Profiles".

You wrote:
If I touch the color settings in TurboPrint Config, I'll loose the correct balance when I go back to color...
Do you mean that your changes get lost?
gian

Post by gian »

no, I mean that I forget the settings...

so setting "Gray photo" doesn't exclude colored cartridges?
gian

Post by gian »

Yes, the sliders got rid of the cast, even if I forgot to set Gray Photo.

So what is the use of Gray Photo?

Is there a way to save the settings?
Switching back and forth from color to BW would be easier.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

for most printers, "Gray Photo" converts the image to grayscale before processing it in the usual way, e.g. print the image with a mix of CMY for light colors and replacing that with black ink for darker colors.
Please select "Grayscale" if you want to print with black ink only.

For printers with gray inks (e.g. Epson K3), Gray Photo tries to print the image with gray inks only. Usually a little color is added because the gray ink is not completely "neutral".

Some printer drivers like the drivers for Canon PIXMA Pro200, imagePROGRAF Pro300, Epson SureColor P700 and P900 use the printer's built-in "Advanced black & white" mode.