I have problem installing the key-file

Questions on Installation
jonsteindor

Post by jonsteindor »

I did a clean install of Fedora 14, since the /boot partition was too small. Then I installed the old TurboPrint RPM-file, turboprint-2.07-1.i586.rpm, without a problem. But when I try to install the key-file I got a problem. I started the setup from the System->Adminstration->TurboPrint Control. It could read the key-file and it showed it was valid. I accepetd the license and was asked about root password. IT DID NOT ACCEPT MY ROOT PASSWORD! Any idea what the problem is?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

you can enter either the sudo password or the root password.

A workaround is to install the license keyfile from a terminal window:

tpsetup --install turboprint2.tpkey

(execute as root user; replace "turboprint2.tpkey" with the acutal keyfile name. The keyfile must be present in the current directory).
jonsteindor

Post by jonsteindor »

OK, I have done that i.e.

#tpsetup --install turboprint2.tpkey

and I can configure printer with tpsetup (and CUPS).

But still can't setup any using "System->Adminstration->TurboPrint Control". As I stated before it don't accept root password. This is something strange. What can the problem be?

My license says that I can update TurpoPrint to newer versions (until 2011-01-25). Since I have version 2.07 and I se that you have released version2.17. How can I upgrade to version 2.17?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Just download & install TurboPrint 2.17 and let me know if the problem is still there.
Your license is also valid for the current version (you selected the "2 years free updates" option).
jonsteindor

Post by jonsteindor »

I downloaded version 2.17. Then I removes version 2.07 and installed 2.17 and the problem with root password is solved.

What I did was:

# rpm --erase turboprint
# rpm --install turboprint-2.17-1.i586.rpm

Tanks