Printer Setup

beck3dme

Printer Setup

Post by beck3dme »

I'm having a problem on setting up my printer because im connected to the printer via network,i dont know which one should i select. hope you could help me with this.. (server,printer)
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Printer Setup

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

in most cases you have to enter the "IP address" of the printer. You can find out the IP address in the priter's setup menu (if the printer has a display) or by printing a network status page.

What kind of printer is it?

Does the printer have a built-in ethernet connection or is it attached to a printer server box / router with printer port or to another computer in the network?
beck3dme

Post by beck3dme »

router with printer port or to another computer in the network..its canon iP4500
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

In this case you have to enter the ip address of the router - the router's ip address is visible on your Mac in "System Preferences" -> "Network", field "Router".

Add your printer using "System Preferences" -> "Print & Fax" as "IP" printer, protocol "HP Jetdirect - Socket". Enter the IP address and leave the "Queue" field blank.

Then enter an name for your printer (e.g. "iP4500 PrintFab") and choose "Print Using"="Select a driver to use...". Then select "Canon PIXMA iP4500 PrintFab" as driver.