Canon Pixma ix6860 will only print test page

Questions on certain printers and applications
brinesharks

Canon Pixma ix6860 will only print test page

Post by brinesharks »

I'm using Turbo Print with OpenSUSE 12.3 to run a Canon ix6860. The driver is the 'ix6800 series'. The printer setup works well and the test page prints perfectly. However when I try to print from any program the printer just spools paper. It ejects the first sheet then Turbo Print says there is an error (no paper). If i hit start again, it then ejects the next sheet and just keeps doing the same thing. Anyone know how I can actually print a document?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Canon Pixma ix6860 will only print test page

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

which TurboPrint version do you use? There was a problem with the Canon ix6800series driver in TurboPrint 2.33 which was fixed in TurboPrint 2.34.
brinesharks

Post by brinesharks »

I have the same problem (using v2.34) but it only does it with non-standard paper. Is there a sensor in the printer that causes this? Or is it related to the software having one page size and TurboPrint having a different page size?

I also find that if you cancel a job in printer monitor, the printer takes a very long time to respond. It stops printing but won't eject the paper. If it has the error stated above (and out of paper light ends up flashing), canceling a job doesn't seem to reset the printer.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello brinesharks,

could you please send the log file

/var/log/turboprint/print.log

after an unsuccessful print (no output)? Either post the log file (last section starting from "##### New print job" is sufficient) or email to :
mail at zedonet dot com
brinesharks

Post by brinesharks »

Thanks for the fast response!

I have email the full log file to the zedonet email address.

I should have mentioned I'm using Linux Minut 17.

I'm using non-standard paper but the strange thing is that the test page prints perfectly but when I print an image, svg or PDF file it just spools using the same paper. I have had the occasional page print successfully but then try 10+ times to print another page.

BTW - very happy with TurboPrint with my Epson XP-100 and Brother MFC790CW. Both printers work well :D . Bought the canon to print in A3.