epson xp-830

Questions on certain printers and applications
balinbob

epson xp-830

Post by balinbob »

Hello, I have been using Turboprint for a few years, I now have a new epson xp-830 printer, and need an updated version. I set up the trial version with epson xp-820 driver and will continue to see how it works. If I pay for the updated version during the trial period, will I get the 830 driver when it is included, for the price I have paid? Or is there any harm in continuing using the 820 version?

I have three printers and already have a licensed version, and would like to use the new version on three computers, possibly four, all are solely mine, and not used for business, and are located in my home.

I am an Arch Linux user, and have been satisfied thus far. Thank you.

Bob
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: epson xp-830

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

there is no harm in using the XP-820 driver. The XP-830 driver will be added in one of the next releases, so if you buy a license now the new driver should be included in the 6 months free update period of your TurboPrint license. When you purchase the license you can also add the "2 years free updates" options which is always a good idea as new versions and new features that will be released in this time will be included.

For use on several computers we recommend the "TurboPrint Family license" which covers up to 3 computers. If you need to install on more computers, please email us and we can make you an offer.
balinbob

Re: epson xp-830

Post by balinbob »

I already upgraded it, and I do have the 'family' license. I will keep looking for the xp-830 driver, I figured it would come out within six months. Thank you.

Robert