canon pixma ip4300 problems

Questions on certain printers and applications
tomash

canon pixma ip4300 problems

Post by tomash »

Hi,

When I print a photo on A4 it looks OK , but when I print on a smaller paper I have problems. On the small paper (6''x4'') the printer prints only at the very edge of the paper. On A4 (with paper settings for 4"x6") the printer prints 4x6 size photo in one of the corner of A4 paper and the image is a part of original photo (it is a 1/4 part of the unscaled original image), I mean where is no scaling down to 6x4" format.

It seems where is a problem with bordless photo printing for A4.

gentoo
cups 1.3.5
ghostscript-gpl 8.61
turboprint 1.96-4

Thank you,
Arturas
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

which application did you use to print - GIMP?
tomash

Post by tomash »

Hi,

I print directly from the Gimp where I can choose the printer installed by turboprint.

Arturas
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Make sure that you choose the correct PPD file in GIMP (e.g. /etc/cups/ppd/tp0.ppd) and check "show all paper sizes" in GIMP. Then choose the paper size "4x6 borderless".

If the image fills the preview window in GIMP, it should also print borderless.
If not, please post the contents of /var/log/turboprint_cups.log after trying to print on 4x6 borderless - the section of the last print is sufficient.
tomash

Post by tomash »

Hi,

I solved the problem with gimp reinstalling software including gimp, cups and ghostscript.

I still have problems with photoprint, but maybe there are some mistakes in the program.

And then I print the cups testing page the printer does not print a frame around the page. The gimp-print driver does.