HP Photosmart D7260

Questions on certain printers and applications
moyote

HP Photosmart D7260

Post by moyote »

Trying to get this printer working with turboprint. I was successful once printing a test page. I tried to use the HPPhotoSmart 73xx and 75xx drivers, but they don't seem to work. Just wondering if these drivers should work with this printer. I notice this error: pdrive::send data:printer->print_line failed. Or is it that there are no drivers yet for the Photosmart D7260? Thanks.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

the PhotoSmart D7260 should work with the TurboPrint driver for PhotoSmart 75xx.

The error message "print_line failed" doesn't mean that the printer is not compatible but that the data could not transferred to the printer.

There might be a USB problem, which has been reported by customers with Ubuntu Linux - see e.g. http://turboprint.info/support/viewtopic.php?t=245

Edit the file "/etc/udev/rules.d/40-permissions.rules"

and change the line

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", KERNEL=="lp[0-9]*", GROUP="lp"

to

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", KERNEL=="lp[0-9]*", GROUP="lp" , Mode="0666"

(access to the printer USB ports for everyone).
moyote

PhotoSmart D7260

Post by moyote »

Thanks for the response. I didn't have a 40-permissions file in /udev/rules.d, so I created the file and added the suggested lines, but it still doesn't work. When I first installed turboprint, I was able to print a test page and it printed well, but that has been the extent of my success with this printer. :-) Any more suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks again.
moyote

PhotoSmart D7260 solved.

Post by moyote »

Well, hopefully the problem is solved. I'm using a Debian system(sidux) and I thought maybe it might be a good idea to try the .deb instead of the .tgz file. Brilliant, right. :-) Well, it seems to be working at the moment. I've always used the .tgz file even on a Debian system, but I had a Canon i960 before and there never was a problem with it. But, printers are different (another brilliant statement :-))
Anyway, it's working for now and I do appreciate your help. If another problem arises, well......let's hope that doesn't happen.

Regards,
moyote