Epson paper types

Questions on certain printers and applications
srimages

Epson paper types

Post by srimages »

I just installed Turboprint on linux to use with my Epson R2400, but some of the standard Epson paper types are missing, in particular:
Water Color Radiant White
Ultrasmooth Fine Art
Velvet Fine Art

For papers I use these are the recommended setting from the manufacturer. What do you recommend to use as alternative to these media types?

Thanks, Steve
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Epson paper types

Post by zedonet »

Hello,

we recommend to use the media setting "Archival Matte" for these fine art papers.

You can also create new color profiles using our color profiling service which is described in the TurboPrint manual and on our website:

https://www.zedonet.com/en_shop_tp_profile.phtml

Please make sure to select "Matte Paper" when setting up a profile entry for a matte fine art paper.
swaine61

Post by swaine61 »

Assuming the paper profiles are not specific to one type of paper, but the class of papers, is there a description anywhere of what the profile for the paper was created for? I.E best suited papers for each profile? For example, the Hahnemuehle Smooth Fineart. I cant find a "smooth fineart", but I can find a sampler of their set of smooth fineart papers. If I were to buy this sample I would ust the smooth fineart paper setting for all of them. Is this the correct understanding?
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Yes, this is correct.