Where can I get a copy of libgtk1.2

Questions on Installation
samsung

Where can I get a copy of libgtk1.2

Post by samsung »

Hi trying to install turboprint on an asus eeepc but do not know how to get a copy of the above file have user apt get install as per the instructions for the deb download but it does not install the libgtk1.2.

Looking in synaptic a have installed libgtk2.0.

Can someone please help me get a copy of libgtk1.2 installed, I would be grateful

Thanks

Sam
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hi samsung,

the installation process of libgtk1.2 is depending on the Linux distribution you are using.
Instead of trying to install libgtk1.2 I suggest to install the new beta of TurboPrint 2 - it is based on libgtk2.0 and does not need libgtk1.2.
The beta will work 30 days without any limitations. TurboPrint 2 final version will be released in June.
samsung

Post by samsung »

Thanks I am doing a reinstall on the Asus, and have purchased the current version am I eligible for a free upgrade to version 2. I purchased the license in I think Jan or Feb of this year.

Thanks for the help

Sam
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Updates to version 2 will be available in June when the final version will be available. However, it will not be free but a resonable update fee will be charged.
samsung

Post by samsung »

Thanks for the information, will this version support other languages such as French?

Sam
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

TurboPrint 2 will initially support English and German, other languages may be added later.