Printfab don't print

Questions on Installation
cramlerrut

Printfab don't print

Post by cramlerrut »

Hello,
I just bought the pro version license, (G5 mac OS10.5 & HP deskjet 1220 c)
every think seems to be fine during the installation,( except a crash report of printfab tools, but the window of printools don't disappear). When i print on deskjet1220c_printfab every things seems ok but nothing happends. No Printer icon in the dock, nothing at all. I used in the past the demo version which works fine, i tried to reinstall the demo version without the key, but nothing happends.
Thanks for some help.
zedonet
Site Admin

Post by zedonet »

Hello cramlerrut,

does "nothing happens" mean that the printout just goes through the printer spooler but nothing is printed or is printing stopped with an error message in the printer spooler window?
If your printer is attached via USB, I suggest to install the alternative USB driver "USBTB" which is available for free. This driver shows a much better stability and performance. We know of some Mac systems where the standard USB driver of the CUPS printing system fails without any reason. A link to the usbtb driver is listed on the download page at www.printfab.com.
USBTB normally shows an error message after installation saying it could not add all printers - this is normal.
You need to reinstall your PrintFab printer with the Toolbox, this time select the printer connection with the "(USBTB)" addition.

If printing still does not work with usbtb, please send us a bug report via email to
"mail at zedonet dot de" (Replace "at" and "dot" by "@" and ".").
We might need some logfiles from your computer to find the problem.
cramlerrut

Post by cramlerrut »

hello again,
"nothing happens" mean that nothing going to the spooler.
No error message,no prints, no spooler activity.
Unfortunalely it's impossible to install USTB, the installer stops a the end of the install, and block the finder.
cramlerrut

solved

Post by cramlerrut »

hello,
sorry i didn't have the right version ( 2.09) and just download the 2.02,
stupid!
every think is ok now.
Thanks