Reinstall custom made colour profile

Questions on Installation
stovdal

Reinstall custom made colour profile

Post by stovdal »

Hi,
I've reinstalled my Linux Mint OS and am trying to reinstall Turboprint Studio and a custom colour profile made by the profiling service. The Turboprint Studio application is successfully reinstalled but I'm struggling with the custom profile. I open the TurboPrintControlCenter, select "Profiles" - "Color Spaces" tab - "New Color Space" and navigate to the *.pfprofile file. Upon double clicking the file the following message is returned: "Error: the selected file is not a valid color profile". What am I doing wrong here ?
zedonet
Site Admin

Re: Reinstall custom made colour profile

Post by zedonet »

Hi stovdal,

the profiles with ".pfprofile" suffix must be imported into printer profile entries in the color management dialog. You tried to add this profile as a new "color space", this is the wrong category - color spaces define how to interpret image color data whereas printer profiles determine how these color must be mixed by the printer with its own colors.
To add the ".pfprofile" again, first create a new "empty" profile entry in the color management dialog of TurboPrint Control. The base data for the paper and ink will be overwritten by the data in the profile, so it is not important to set the exact same values. Then you can import the color data from your ".pfprofile" into this profile entry. Do not worry about a message warning that the profile was not created using this profile entry (that's normal).
stovdal

Re: Reinstall custom made colour profile

Post by stovdal »

Great, that worked, my bad.
Thanks a lot.